“Our Stephen Ministry exists to serve God by bringing Christ’s healing love to hurting people.”
WHAT IS STEPHEN MINISTRY?
Our congregation’s Stephen Ministry equips lay people to provide confidential, one-to-one Christian care to individuals in our congregation and community who are experiencing difficulties in their lives.
A STEPHEN MINISTER IS……..
• A child of God who walks beside a person who is hurting
• A congregation member with gifts for caregiving who was carefully selected to serve in this role
• A lay person who has received 50 hours of training in providing emotional and spiritual care. In addition, the Stephen Minister participates in twice-monthly supervision classes with the Stephen Leaders to continue training and discuss care receiver concerns
• A caring, Christian friend who listens, cares, prays, supports, and encourages
• Someone who will “be there” for his or her care receiver, meeting faithfully for about an hour each week, for as long as there’s a need.
Watch this video below to learn more about how the Stephen Ministry has helped people in our congregation